Schematic for Sony TC-200 tape unit - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2012, 04:26 PM   #1
bichela is offline bichela  United States
diyAudio Member

Thumbs down Schematic for Sony TC-200 tape unit

Does anyone have a complete Schematic for this unit? I am not recording sound on Channel 1 but "monitor" on this channel works great. Channel 2 is really out of wack. as it sounds like mud and again doesn't record.

I got half of a diagram but I need the entire diagram. I have a poor quality sony Tc-200A diagram that is lousy resolution and barely readable.

I need to know which caps to replace in addition to diagnosing where the sound circuit is broken.
Old 7th March 2012, 06:12 AM   #2
tricomp is offline tricomp  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I have the perfectly readable schematic diagram for the TC200.
Just, a TC200 isn't a TC200; it comes in many flavours.
There are the hybrid transistor/tube versions and also a pure transistor-version.

My file has all versions but it's 1M+ in size and this forum allows for only 0.2Mb in a pdf.
PM me with your e-mail address for more.

rgds,

/tri-comp
Old 7th March 2012, 02:40 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

My email is bichela3@yahoo.com. I have the hybrid model. I'm not surprised they made a solid state version as well. I think the head is worn out too. It appears the original owner treated it kindly but used it heavily. Fix amp first before replacing a hard to find head.
Old 7th March 2012, 03:27 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichela View Post
Does anyone have a complete Schematic for this unit? I am not recording sound on Channel 1 but "monitor" on this channel works great. Channel 2 is really out of wack. as it sounds like mud and again doesn't record.

I got half of a diagram but I need the entire diagram. I have a poor quality sony Tc-200A diagram that is lousy resolution and barely readable.

I need to know which caps to replace in addition to diagnosing where the sound circuit is broken.
My email is bichela3@yahoo.com. I have the hybrid model. I'm not surprised they made a solid state version as well. I think the head is worn out too. It appears the original owner treated it kindly but used it heavily. Fix amp first before replacing a hard to find head. Playback is barely audible even on the working channel 1 section.
Touching head leads gives a weak buzz which indicates head to Amp circuit issues. I cleaned all switches with contact cleaner. Cleaned all tube sockets with contact cleaner. All tubes glow and channel 1 sounds a bit better but channel 2 is still sick. I suspect bad decoupling caps in the head to preamplifier circuit ad well as preamplifier to power amp section.

Hide this!Advertise here!