• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Schematic for Sony TC-200 tape unit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have a complete Schematic for this unit? I am not recording sound on Channel 1 but "monitor" on this channel works great. Channel 2 is really out of wack. as it sounds like mud and again doesn't record.:eek:

I got half of a diagram but I need the entire diagram. I have a poor quality sony Tc-200A diagram that is lousy resolution and barely readable.:headbash:

I need to know which caps to replace in addition to diagnosing where the sound circuit is broken.

Hi,

I have the perfectly readable schematic diagram for the TC200.
Just, a TC200 isn't a TC200; it comes in many flavours.
There are the hybrid transistor/tube versions and also a pure transistor-version.

My file has all versions but it's 1M+ in size and this forum allows for only 0.2Mb in a pdf.
PM me with your e-mail address for more.

rgds,

/tri-comp

Does anyone have a complete Schematic for this unit? I am not recording sound on Channel 1 but "monitor" on this channel works great. Channel 2 is really out of wack. as it sounds like mud and again doesn't record.:eek:

I got half of a diagram but I need the entire diagram. I have a poor quality sony Tc-200A diagram that is lousy resolution and barely readable.:headbash:

I need to know which caps to replace in addition to diagnosing where the sound circuit is broken.

My email is bichela3@yahoo.com. I have the hybrid model. I'm not surprised they made a solid state version as well. I think the head is worn out too. It appears the original owner treated it kindly but used it heavily. :) Fix amp first before replacing a hard to find head. Playback is barely audible even on the working channel 1 section.
Touching head leads gives a weak buzz which indicates head to Amp circuit issues. I cleaned all switches with contact cleaner. Cleaned all tube sockets with contact cleaner. All tubes glow and channel 1 sounds a bit better but channel 2 is still sick. I suspect bad decoupling caps in the head to preamplifier circuit ad well as preamplifier to power amp section.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.