• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

A hybrid amplifier with PCC88 and IRFP240/9240

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi formula 22
I have a circuit from elektor with PCC88 as voltage amplifier and 2SK176/2SJ56 as current amplifier, you can use IRFP240/IRFP9240 without problem, the article is in PDF format, but is too big (1.35MB) for the forum, send to me a private message and I will send to you the complete article.
Best regards
Johann

Hi formula 22
I have a circuit from elektor with PCC88 as voltage amplifier and 2SK176/2SJ56 as current amplifier, you can use IRFP240/IRFP9240 without problem, the article is in PDF format, but is too big (1.35MB) for the forum, send to me a private message and I will send to you the complete article.
Best regards
Johann
Hi Johann ,

May I have this one too ?
My e-mail : :cop: email address removed. send a pm :cop:

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Circuit from Elektor with PCC88

Hi formula 22
Best regards
Johann

Hi Mr Johann!
Here is my e-mail address: petrusarmagedon@yahoo.com, to which you can submit a project Hybrid amplifier with PCC88 in pdf format (from Elektor).
thank you!

Hi formula22
I sent the article on march 06, I sent again today. Your e-mail adress is correct?
Let me know if you receive the e-mail.
Best regards
Johann
Hi Johann!
I got a project with PCC88 (from Elektor) and here is very good audio amplifier in the A-class, and I need the AB-class with power supply Ucc=+/-38Vdc.
thank you and cheers!:cheers:

Last edited:
Hi formula 22
The elektor amp. is AB-class, if you read the article, you can down the power supply voltage from +/- 42V to +/- 30V, so you can use at +/- 38V.
(Is impossible to obtain almost 100W in class A with MOSFETs used by elektor, you must use at least 8N and 8P)
You can also use IRFP240/IRFP9240 without problem.
I think the circuit can cover your expectancy.
Best regards
Johann

Hi formula 22
The elektor amp. is AB-class, if you read the article, you can down the power supply voltage from +/- 42V to +/- 30V, so you can use at +/- 38V.
(Is impossible to obtain almost 100W in class A with MOSFETs used by elektor, you must use at least 8N and 8P)
You can also use IRFP240/IRFP9240 without problem.
I think the circuit can cover your expectancy.
Best regards
Johann
Hi popilin!
Please refer to technical characteristics.
thank you

Attachments

• Technical data from amplifier with PCC88.jpg
    Technical data from amplifier with PCC88.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 414
Measurements for this hybrid amplifiers.

Hi formula 22
Technical characteristics are wrong, with +/-42V you can obtain almost 100W.
I think the author want to say 2 x 65W.
Read the article, please.
Best regards
Johann

Thank you for your cooperation Johann.
Did you made ​​this amplifier, if you made ​​any sound gives?
If you have some measurements with harmonics views give them here.
Thanks and cheers!:cheers:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.