• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

YAQIN MS-22B. Any thoughts, please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody,

Hope this is not "just another thread" on a Chinese phono pre. I need some impressions on this phono alu-shoebox. I'm considering buying one to go along with a Nagaoka MP20 in a 2nd system upstairs.

I've been reading about it. Some say it's only a solid state amp with a pair of bulbs to impress audiophools. Others seem to be really pleased with the sound, which may be all that matters, I s'ppose. Not lots of info though. Some pics of its guts or an schematic would be most welcome. Recommendations of similar preamps too!

Thanks in advance for your help and dedication:)!

Regards,

Vinc

Dig out the schematic and post it up here!

If it's designed properly if should sound good, but the Moskido on here sounds like a much better bet for sound and quality TBH.

Well, I just need a phono preamp to go with a Vincent Av 382 in the living. I thought about the MS 22B over the MS12B 'cause it's simpler and smaller. Samsung LCD, bluray player, and three kids. You get the picture. The only hi fi attraction for daddy would be a phono pre and my beloved TT. Must move my main system into my bedroom.

I love valves and would like to soften things a bit. Got a well-spec'd Audio Innovations 500 with a nice onboard phono section based around a couple of 12AX7's (actually some great 5751 NOS Sylvania) and I really enjoy it.

What's about that Moskido pre? I'm open to suggestions. Just have to keep my budget low -guess you've been reading about Spain lately, haven't ya? If not, you all should...:eek:

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Vincula

Well, I just need a phono preamp to go with a Vincent Av 382 in the living. I thought about the MS 22B over the MS12B 'cause it's simpler and smaller. Samsung LCD, bluray player, and three kids. You get the picture. The only hi fi attraction for daddy would be a phono pre and my beloved TT. Must move my main system into my bedroom.

I love valves and would like to soften things a bit. Got a well-spec'd Audio Innovations 500 with a nice onboard phono section based around a couple of 12AX7's (actually some great 5751 NOS Sylvania) and I really enjoy it.

What's about that Moskido pre? I'm open to suggestions. Just have to keep my budget low -guess you've been reading about Spain lately, haven't ya? If not, you all should...:eek:

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Vincula
You've probably already found solution, but if you didn't you might look at Hanss MM/MC preamp. There is only one left on eBay at reasonable (low) price of $109 + 23 shipping. I believe it's much better than Yaqin 22B (that is also non-tube device) and cost less. I just bought one to try, while Yaqin MS12 I already have will need some new and better capacitors and resistors ;)

cheers

I have the schematic of the ms-22b, and I own this phone pre. I changed the entire components...available...
Now the sound is open and bright.

Attachments

• YAQIN MS-22B.jpg
    YAQIN MS-22B.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 653
Last edited:
every component has been replaced except for the voltage rectifier, electrolytic capacitors also on tube (electrolytic increased) only better quality SCR ELNA, all decoupled with ceramic cap
the 12AX7 to 6n2p or replace with 12ax7 EH V1 no gold, ground chassis removed loop

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.