• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Russian pentodes 6J2P-EB and 6J9P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi here

I have this tubes from ebay, the 6J2P-EB is small little tube, I need a new socket, someone now what type?

The 6J9P is microfonic, if I tap it pinggggg in the speaker, I have it as triode strapped in a hybride amp as voltage amp, I have discover that the tube sounds very nice, special with a plate resistor, a ccs or other mosfet use is not so good sounding, a lot of hissssss in the voices of singers.

The small little 6J2P-EB is a lot better made, no zingg.

I ask myself how it sounds as I use not triode but penthode strapped, is there somewhere a calculation program for penthodes?

thanks

Reactions: 1 user
6Ж2П has the standard widely used miniature 7-pin (Pico-7, B7G) socket. Nothing uncommon.
But, this is a remote cutoff valve. Probably it belongs to some AGC circuit for RF. Expect some serious distortion when it is operated in the "knee" of the curve.

And 6Ж9П = E180F

I don't know what you mean by calculation programm. When you got the curves and parameters of your tube you can start playing around and designing your circuit.

Attachments

• 6j2p.gif
    6j2p.gif
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,776
  • 6J9P.gif
    6J9P.gif
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,675
I have ordered here.

6J2P-EV Russian Tubes Pentod Equ. 6AS6, 5725 Lot of 40 | eBay

is for voltage amplification, but if I do them CCS loaded touching the knee is easely prevented if i have right, with high idle current.

I am not so experienced with tube data en tubes himselfs, I have design a hybrid who is playing some years now and I experienting with it, so try different tubes.

thanks for your info.

I have used 6j9p-e many times; yes, if you tap it you will get a silvery ring but why do you need to tap it? I have not had any problems in normal use including 2nd stage of a MM phono. A chassis which does not ring should help. It is an excellent tube and still cheap and plentiful.

Reactions: 1 user
I have used 6j9p-e many times; yes, if you tap it you will get a silvery ring but why do you need to tap it? I have not had any problems in normal use including 2nd stage of a MM phono. A chassis which does not ring should help. It is an excellent tube and still cheap and plentiful.

I don,t need to tap it, but I did presume that if it do ringing then she are bad, as I now here from you that is not the case.

I have them in my amp, it sounds very good in triode mode, I don,t now yet how it sounds as a penthode, what I do now, a plate resistor works best for them, a ccs or gyrator on plate let them give the ssss sound in voices.

I have ordered the 6j51p also as test, and the 6H8C for cascode, but these are quite expensive in some cases, the 6sn7 is be produced again and cheaper then, so I stick to that.

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/112/6/6Z2PEV.pdf 6J2P or 6J2P-EV have a transconductance of 4.15 ma/V. But, they are not remote cutoff tubes.

Indeed ! You are right, I misinterpreted that. It was used in dual control amplifiers
But the curves look strange just like the Early-effect in BJTs. Would love to see blueprints of its internal structure

Furthermore the lovely made CSF datasheet (http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/181/5/5725.pdf) of the wester equivalent type says it used as variable gain amplifier (amplificateur à gain réglable)

But with enough current you should be well in the linear region.

Well I will try them in the hybrid amp. post the sound (youtube) here if ready. the best I have heard was still the 6H8C self bias cascode, very full and free, only if the next stage has very high impedance, to let 6H8C swing free.. Now I have put in (just did) the EF184 this sounds also very good (triode mode). try it in penthode mode, plate resitor is 15 kohm, current 10 mA. 6J2 grid 3 tyed on cathode, like al the others because this was the control grid, if I am right, we don,t use it on audio.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.