• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help with Output Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi -

i am working on an Alamo Electra tube amp. i dont know the impedance load, because the speakers have no markings and are nonfunctional with no continuity, so they can't be measured.

tube layout is: 2x 6V6, 5Y3 rect, 3x 12ax7, 7199 PI
OT is stamped Z 3322

i uploaded some photos of the OT and a sketch of the signal path here: Pictures by langlieger - Photobucket
the wire that appears grey is the same as the blue one inside the chassis (just discolored).

if i understand the signal path correctly, using the extension speaker jack will not use both the amp speaker and the extension, but only the extension position. and it would switch to a different OT signal pole and thus change the expected impedance load.

can anyone help me out with the impedances i should use for these positions? or let me know if my signal path looks incorrect? is there a way to measure the necessary impedance otherwise?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

chris

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.