Tube testers : sorting out settings for the Jackson 648

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

While making room and preparing myself to get rid of the too many tube testers I have on hand I had to choose one that I would keep out of Hickock Stark and Jackson. I will most possibly stick to the Jackson. It does not depend on tubes (!!!) , and has we all know, tubes are useless derelict devices, when not plain dangerous (83 mercury vapour)...;)

One thing that is bugging me however is that I have difficulties to sort out the tube element process out of it.

I have for instance no data for the WE421A (5998), though I am sure it can be tested on the Jackson, I had to figure out a data set-up that could be used on the hickock and stark for the 5B/254M. I did it with sucess in less than 5 minutes. Now the Jackson is a complete different affair with it's D and E switch set-up circuit. Anyone know how to figure-out efficiently the tube elements off for this tester? For the 5B/254M I just had for the Stark and Hickock, to set the filament switch to "BY" where the 6L6 would use "JR" the rest of the settings is easy. (bias & english settings on 807 or 6l6gc)

Anyone has suggestions or possible solution for this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.