• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

High-end Tube amp kits (all-included)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I am looking forward to start in the tube world by building an amp kit. The most important point it that money is not a concern at all. I am looking to build one of the best available amp kits out there.
My intention is not to "first build something cheap and bad, then go with the expensive high-end". It may be the first and only one tube amp I build. I won't get into the "tube world", I just want to try a high-end tube amp. My world is solid state.

It is important that all the neccessary parts and assembly instructions are included in the kit. It would be nice if it were up to 50wpc of power, but around 10wpc would suffice.

I need the supplier to be able to deliver to Europe. I have had a look at Bottlehead, DIY Hifi supply, and Audionote, and they fit my requirements (high end designs, all components/instructions included...) so I would like to know any others shops like that.

Thanks!
Best regards

Joined 2009
Paid Member
This kit should get you the power you are looking for:

Atma-Sphere music systems, inc. Blog Archive M-60 kit!

If you have 4.200$00 / pair my vote if for these Atma-sphere babies Atma-Sphere music systems, inc.

M-60-01.png

I can attest to what Scott (scitizen17) says, I'm listening to one of them right now and it is by far the cleanest 5 watts of triode goodness money can build or buy. As far as building, the kit includes a great set of instructions and the help of the designer only an email away. Towards the end of his thread you can see a couple of builds of the kit including mine.

Last edited:
If you have 4.200$00 / pair my vote if for these Atma-sphere babies Atma-Sphere music systems, inc.

M-60-01.png
I cannot find any information on their website, but some of you are recommending it, so it should worth it. Why is it so good? Can you point me out to a thread or website where I can find more information about it? Maybe components included, ratings, topology....

Thanks!

I cannot find any information on their website, but some of you are recommending it, so it should worth it. Why is it so good? Can you point me out to a thread or website where I can find more information about it? Maybe components included, ratings, topology....

Thanks!

You can't click on the link? It works for me. I remember when Atma Sphere first got started so long ago... They make some really interesting retro gear!

Atma-Sphere music systems, inc.

Then click on "kit". $4,200US plus 2 hours of phone help.
Yeah, I already knew that, thanks. But I want to know the information shown at, for example, this other shop: Important information regarding the design and component selection, detailed pictures of the insides, etc...

Something to make me decide to spend those 4k dollars instead of 1k or 2k.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.