• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

High-end Tube amp kits (all-included)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After many years as a tech and designer... I have found Transcendent Sound to be an excellent source of diy kits and great amps... Over the last few decaces, I have owned most of the amps spoken here at some point... Ended up with a pair of Transcendent T8 amps a few years ago.. last amp I had in the otl line was a pair of Atmasphere amps.. good amps... Currently the Transcendent amps are keepers... and a good value as well.... Cheers

Hello,
I am looking forward to start in the tube world by building an amp kit. The most important point it that money is not a concern at all. I am looking to build one of the best available amp kits out there.

Dragging this old thread back to life...
Does anyone have any updates to the original question ?
I too want to build a tube amp. While money is always a concern, I am willing to dig deep IF I think satisfaction can be achieved.
Unlike the original author Id prefer a clean 15w

Id also prefer to go SE and point to point.

I have been searching for what feels like weeks. Many kits don't have the point to point which I prefer over boards, while others are dead links to not being offered in kit form..

Well...why a kit ?

I would suggest to you a simple setup, but with highest quality components...iron from 50AE...Nano cores and OCC wire...

Interstage coupling...15Watt clean SE ? 845....the Shuguang 845c with metal anodes is stunning.

947D Cornell polyprop for the PSU.

coleman regs for the DC heating...

Point to point kits where the welborne labs kits...but I would not recommend those....done that and too many principles in there which do not give you the best sound...

Well...why a kit ?

I am relatively new to this, I have a heck of a time finding substitutes for parts that are not available, wind up having 8 shopping carts open, wait 2 months to get everything only to find Im short 8 items and ordered by mistake $150 worth of stuff ! And this was only for building a x-over lol...

Honestly, the kit convenience of clicking one button, having a chassis already punched out. Kinda worth its weight in copper to me....

Well...why a kit ?

I would suggest to you a simple setup, but with highest quality components...iron from 50AE...Nano cores and OCC wire...

Interstage coupling...15Watt clean SE ? 845....the Shuguang 845c with metal anodes is stunning.

947D Cornell polyprop for the PSU.

coleman regs for the DC heating...

Point to point kits where the welborne labs kits...but I would not recommend those....done that and too many principles in there which do not give you the best sound...

Any schematic for that clean 15 watt 845 SET? I believes you for I've been there. Mine is only 5 watts, but, believe me, big tube generate big sound!

I am relatively new to this, I have a heck of a time finding substitutes for parts that are not available, wind up having 8 shopping carts open, wait 2 months to get everything only to find Im short 8 items and ordered by mistake $150 worth of stuff ! And this was only for building a x-over lol...

Honestly, the kit convenience of clicking one button, having a chassis already punched out. Kinda worth its weight in copper to me....

Exactly!!! I've been in that same situation many times.

I've heard great things about Elekit amps. I've also heard good comments on the oddwatt amps.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.