• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

High-end Tube amp kits (all-included)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeah, I already knew that, thanks. But I want to know the information shown at, for example, this other shop: Important information regarding the design and component selection, detailed pictures of the insides, etc...

Something to make me decide to spend those 4k dollars instead of 1k or 2k.

Thanks!

That kit is $1549.
The input circuit description is here:
"The new input stage uses a 5670/2C51 tube. One half is configured as an actively loaded voltage amplifier using our Camille Cascode Constant Current Source for super quiet, dynamic, linear performance. The other half of the 5670 operates as an actively loaded hybrid shunt regulator for the voltage amplifier, giving the driver stage great extension of both bass and treble information. "

This kit is going to have far more distortion and much lower power than the Atma Sphere kit.

This kit is going to have far more distortion and much lower power than the Atma Sphere kit.
This is not a comparable kit, as they are not the same amount of tubes, output power, price, etc. It was just intended as an example of a, more or less, well explained tube amp kit.

Is that where your hardworking money goes, regiregi? On fancy tube kits? Does your girlfriend know about this? Does she approve? :p
Let's hope this forum is not attractive enough for her to be hanging around here. Or do you, honey? :rolleyes:
Now seriusly, her face turns out to a jaw-dropping expression with each amp I show to her. Even though she doesn't understand the complex insides involved :p

Joined 2009
Paid Member
That's just what I want!
I've seen one, now I want to see the other :)

It seems to me that some of you are pretending for me to avoid knowing about the 4k amp, like some secretism!
Just joking :p

People told the story: much power, less distortion = more sound quality. About components used see Atma-sphere have V-cap & Caddock up-grades with an extra cost, also see the hardware finish: Atma is very well finished it seems a commercial product, you have to see & read all possible information but if you need more information you can ask directly to Atma-sphere I mind people who sells 4K kits surely give you all information you ask.

Yeah, I already knew that, thanks. But I want to know the information shown at, for example, this other shop: Important information regarding the design and component selection, detailed pictures of the insides, etc...

Something to make me decide to spend those 4k dollars instead of 1k or 2k.

Thanks!
Atma-Sphere music systems, inc.
A photo of the interior of the M-60 (sans coupling caps) is at this link.

I wonder if the Atma-sphere Kits will look the same as their production unit or will look different to differentiate Kit built Vs Factory built. The pictures of the insides are exquisitely wired, and if a M60 ever comes up in the used market, if will be nice differentiate between the two.

Thanks for all the helpfull answers. I am reading about the ST70, it seems to be quite popular so I assume that makes it to be amongs the best tube amps ever made.
Of course accounting using very high quality transformers and parts.

I received an answer from Atmasphere (thank you so much!) telling me that high price is due to custom made resistors, transformers, sockets or even wires.

I am still investigating to reach the most appropiate design, will telling you how it ends :D

Regards,
Regi

Thanks for all the helpfull answers. I am reading about the ST70, it seems to be quite popular so I assume that makes it to be amongs the best tube amps ever made.
Of course accounting using very high quality transformers and parts.

Regards,
Regi

Oh no. The ST-70 was affordable and came in a kit form that saved even more money. It did not have extremely high quality parts in it. They were just good, nothing outstanding.

The amp in my signature may not be the best looking aesthetically, although you could make it so if you desire.
I finally gone with this kit. It seemed the most convincing to me, not only by it price, but for its component's quality. All fine quality components, and pretty appealing external looking ;)

Thanks to Scott for his great kit offer. I will tell how it goes as soon as I receive the packages.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/180897-kt88-se-basic-master-kit.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.