SiliconRay Kits - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th February 2012, 06:12 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

Hi Chrish, what kind of module (power, working voltage etc.) are you looking for? I may suggest per your requirments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish View Post
Hello Ray, looking at some of the amp module kits (like the class D modules), there are no specifications for the modules. Would be nice to know output power and power supply requirements etc.

Cheers,

Chris
Old 8th February 2012, 06:19 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

I'm totally confused..I have a few receivers and amplifiers made in the US which are all marked with 110V. We had sold hundreds of 110V amp to the USA and I know many of other maufacturers are also make 110V version. Customers told us they need 110V, nobody said it's wrong. Now you said it's 120V, whom should I believe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
You can make 220V tap for China and Russia.

Here in US we need 120V rated primary, not 110. I don't like when transformers saturate making extra hum and heat.
Old 8th February 2012, 06:28 AM   #33
chrish is offline chrish  Australia
diyAudio Member

G'Day Ray, I was looking for a subwoofer amp module, but your site had no details at all for those. Perhaps if you listed some specifications, you might get some more interest. I ended up getting a module of ebay, so not in the market now, just trying to give you some positive feedback to improve your site.
Old 8th February 2012, 06:46 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Thanks Chrish, we'll keep on adding more spec of those products. Audio products are not top ranked in the company, most people are working on other products:-(((((((
Old 8th February 2012, 07:32 AM   #35
John L is offline John L  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconray View Post
Hello John

the price of FU50 was a mistake, it should be $226. $256 is the price for newer 6N8P version. My colleague forget to set $226 as the basic price. We found the mistake. It's corrected now. You can also choose 6N8P option in the order page.

I also asked about the price of EL34, it seems that nobody changed it recently, when did you see a $200 kit on our website?
Concerning the price, I honestly have forgotten the exact amount that was on the product page, but it was less than $200. It has been that price since I first found your site, the other day.

When I went on errands this afternoon(EST time) the old price was there, because I was comparing it with the FU-10, hoping it would load up. When I returned four hours later, I refreshed the page and suddenly I saw the difference in the price. It has been changed in that four hour period.

At Ali Express its $199 plus the cost of expedited shiping. Its also $199 at HiFi Joy. There are other places I'm sure, but I'm not going to keep searching.

I was just surprised at the sudden change. Thats why I mentioned that to you earlier.

Obviously this must be a very popular kit with other Chinese vendors, because it is showing up in a lot of places.

Last edited by John L; 8th February 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 8th February 2012, 08:07 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

Maybe it's our fault..but nobody told me they modified the price. I'll contact my colleague to see if the price could be move down to $200. Yes there're lot of kits looks alike. It's a shame for me Chinese are too good at copying. Hope there more innovation.
Old 8th February 2012, 08:28 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

The site works fine for me, with reasonable speed.
Question about the schematic: Why are both cathode resistors split, with the grid leak connecting in the middle?
Old 8th February 2012, 08:42 AM   #38
Banned

Although the goods on aliexpress and ebay are cheaper , I will go for SR. Because siliconray is the only Chinese seller who can answer my technical questions .My coin spend for value, not for those metal and glass only
Old 8th February 2012, 08:44 AM   #39
diyAudio Member

I measure 109VAC at home, 122VAC at work. Go figure...

I was kind of enamoured of a power factor correction EVM we built for TI
that put out a very steady 390VDC from just about any AC power source
or frequency. I think other plate voltage would have been an easy resistor
change. The toroid was also large enough to wind on some extra turns to
light a filament... It did require an isolation transformer, but would not
have been terribly picky about what windings were on it. And the rating
in VA would not be more than Watts (near perfect PFC) . The price from
TI's webstore is out of my reach for personal use. I was hoping Engineer
would slip me a sample or discount, but they did not have enough extra
built to let one go.

This one, I think... http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/sluu512/sluu512.pdf
Purpose of EVMs obviously to help engineers use chip in their own design.

OK, it also wants 13VDC bias to get the smarts going, but only milliamps...
This thing was dead quiet, and never got hot. the diode bridge in parallel
greatly helped assure it would start under almost any load condition.
Design optimized for tube amps based upon this example with annoyance
like 13VDC sorted out, you might do well to consider if it could be done...

Last edited by kenpeter; 8th February 2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 8th February 2012, 10:41 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

Hello Ray,

Please send me more details about output transformers in FU50 kits,

Thanks,

Dragan

Hide this!Advertise here!