• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

kit recommendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all:

I am new in tubes, and have decided to build an amp from a kit. I have been strongly adviced to buy the AUDIONOTE KIT ONE, but searching in the internet, I have found lots of recommended kits, as for instance the Chinase made by DIY Hi-Fi Supply (Opera Audio Beijing) reviewded by Thorsten Loesch in Enjoy the music, or the World Audio Design, among others.

I also have the opportunity to buy some second hand such as the
Golden Tube S 40, Golden Tube Si 50, Jadis Orchestra and others.

I would like to know opinions about these two alternatives, and recomendations about kits and second hand.

Thankyou.

Carlos

Some of your choices are influenced by your feelings/opinions about output stages - single ended or push pull. Output power requirement is another factor. And then there's the bottom line - how much do you want to spend ? Cary Audio has some great DIY stuff, as does Welborne Labs. If you're feeling confident and ambitious, you might try picking up something like a Dyna ST-70 and do some of the available modification kits.

I bought an ST70 for this very purpose. But when I received it, it was far better than I was led to believe. Works fine and is in total stock condition, so am loath to change things. OK the rectifier will be replaced as will the input/output sockets, but I will leave it there.
Having said that the ST70 looks easy to work on and there are so many people out there who know about it you can't go wrong.

Clone PCB's for DIY Audio

Hello,

I wold like to make Clone PCB for some projects here..
(Like DX HDII) etc.. PCB may have some modifications.

I don't intend to be a competitor, but want to help DIY with PCB's.
My intention is to make available PCB at low cost, as PCB making cost in India ls lower.

Thanks to Nordic he reminded me .. but I need suggestion, if this would be ok to do so..

This is not on commercial scale, or as regular product, just depends on requirements. I indent to make only PCB's (Not kits)

how to go about this ?

Thanks
Suds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.