• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Please help me with a few questions and a idea for an old PA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys. Please be patient, as I'm trying to educate myself alittle. I have an old Bogen 50 that I want to play around a little a bit. I was think about something like the Soldano SLO100 preamp section to the old Bogen poweramp. Could you please tell me how to separate the orginal poweramp from the orginal preamp. It is tied into the preamp by pin 6 and 8 of V2b by the circuit I have in question. I have put red arrows pointing out the circuit section that is in question. Could you please tell me what that section does, and how to tie it into the new preamp section I was thinking of. Please feel free to change anything to make it a better design. Image A is part of the orginal schematic. Image B is the circuit in question. Image C is what I'm shooting for. Yes I know that the Soldano SLO is 100 watts, but still shooting for something simular. Thanks, David.

Attachments

• Question.jpg
    Question.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 79
Printer, that is a good point. I figured that if he didn;t know what it was, perhaps he ought not be yanking it out of the circuit a priori. It may not be part of the Soldano design, but it was part of THIS power amp, and while removing it may cause no grief at all, it also could reveal some stability issues or other artifacts. Easy enough to disconnect and find out, once things are built.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.