• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Are these tube PCBs any good ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Keystone Electronic Hardware makes Military fiberglass boards with Y solder posts. You can buy them in any config with any type of posts (double sided, single sided, Y ). Keystone Electronics Corp. - Keystone Electronics World class manufacturer of interconnect components & hardware catalog page 131, (MS27249). These are not as cheap as the china product but Mil spec quality. There is another guy on ebay that sells a similar product. Many of the tube type classic preamps used this type of construction; Harmon Kardon, Marantz, McIntosh. You could also make your own if you have a drill press. I found the posts on ebay. Concord electronic Hardware also makes them.Concord Electronics, Inc. Store | About Concord Electronics, Inc.

Terminal Post Solder Lug Stud 10 ea. NOS Tube Amplifier | eBay
Ray

I realize this is an old post, but the OP is still an active member, so I thought I'd chime in. I have one of these boards (and they're available off of AliExpress for as little as $12).

I have used mine for a breadboard. Here's a pic with a custom amp breadboarded. LOVE it! I've got an amp on it right now and yesterday decided to test out a design for an external tube preamp/overdrive pedal, so just added the tube and components and ran it straight into the input of the amp that was already breadboarded. Love the flexibility it gives me and it's surprisingly quiet considering the lack of a chassis or any real shielding (other than some shielded coax).`

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.