• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

st35 vs millett DCPP vs tubelab simple SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank's for the thorough deep dive into the drive capabilies of the SE output stage

I am still not sure that I correctly explained all of the observations that I saw 10 years ago. Since there is another variable that I haven't mentioned yet. That is the rate of change. An SE amp can move the cone faster in one direction than the other when fed a low frequency fast rising (or falling) pulse. I never fully investigated that one, but I did observe it while torturing my original 300B amp.

Some day I will get back to chasing down the loose ends, but I haven't had time to do much tinkering at all in the past 3 years.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.