• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Use of Tango NN-600-600 Transformers ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• Tango NN-600-600 Bottom (2).jpg
    Tango NN-600-600 Bottom (2).jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 444
Acording to the EX-TANGO catalog, NN-600-600 was designed as for the input transformer for the main-amp.You shall get higher S/N ratio when you used it together with the output transformer e, g, TANGO, NP-8, at pri-amp output stage by balanced connection. The comon-mode noise will be freed.

Acording to the EX-TANGO catalog, NN-600-600 was designed as for the input transformer for the main-amp.You shall get higher S/N ratio when you used it together with the output transformer e, g, TANGO, NP-8, at pri-amp output stage by balanced connection. The comon-mode noise will be freed.

I understand.
You mean at "pre-amp" output stage right ?

If I use an active tube crossover, does the NN-600-600 have the same function if it goes between the preamp and the crossover ?

You meant you want use the NN-600-600 as for the output transformer of your pre-amp and balanced feeding between your main amp which has a balanced input circuit. The NN-600-600 is not a proper transformer for the OPT.
As the NN-600-600 was specially designed for the input transformer for the main amp, you can not draw the current for the primary side and its maximum. secondary voltage is limited at 15V rms.
Hiro

I was intended to use it on a class D amp input, the amp can take parallel connection and that's why I want to see if I can use it to do phase split from.the SE input.

I understood, you can use it as a phase splitter or parallel connection.
I built a similar FET amp with NN-600-10K and it was working well. NN-600-600 case, the output voltages shall be step down by 600:150+150 ohm.

Attachments

• 図1.jpg
    図1.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 図_2.jpg
    図_2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 207
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.