• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

yaqin vk amp without the loudness button uk version

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yaqin vk amp without the loudness button uk version. i have had my amp for 6 months now using marantz cd player cd6003 and monitor audio rs6. my amp sounds to clear with no bass. it sounds like when the singer is singing they are shouting sometimes. i have replace speaker cables new audio connections with no luck still. does anyone no why i am having these problems. doing my head in now. what replacement valves would be the best choise for me cheers lee

What is the model?
Is it the eBay "YAQIN VK-2100 Integrated Valve Tube Power Amplifier Amp" selling for 300 pounds?

If it is, check http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/147465-yaqin-vk-2100-mods.html
You will find a lot of information and modifications taht you can do to tailor the sound to your taste... also some people reports that "Some might find this amplifier a little bright and forward"...

Last edited:
Welcome! We like puzzles, so we try to help each other.

As stated before by Alastair, the obvious reason to lack bass is to have the speakers working in opposite phase, so make sure they are correctly wired. You have nothing to lose, why not reverse the wiring on one of the speakers and see the result.

And what about the monitor audio rs6? If they are new units they need to run (burn in) a few days more before getting a more "warm" sound. Some people reports that they have "extended highs", so the amp must have a clean output without putting to much emphasis on high frequencies or else the speakers will show it.

Most of the times is a matter of finding a good combination of amp + speakers + source to make the "sound" we like. Can you try a different pair of speakers?
Maybe you can take your amp to a showroom and tested it with different speakers.

hello all i am trying to do my bias on the yaqin 2100 amp. i have a cheap mulitreader what setting should they be on to read what i need to adjust kind regards mr young
yaqin vk amp without the loudness button uk version. i have had my amp for 6 months now using marantz cd player cd6003 and monitor audio rs6. my amp sounds to clear with no bass. it sounds like when the singer is singing they are shouting sometimes. i have replace speaker cables new audio connections with no luck still. does anyone no why i am having these problems. doing my head in now. what replacement valves would be the best choise for me cheers lee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.