• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6C33C socket types, where to buy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are a few different kinds of 6C33C sockets available.

On ebay most of the sockets are Chinese clones of Russian sockets.

Chinese: PAIR GOLD 829B 826 TM-30 832B 6C33C Ceramic Tube Sockets B7A Base FREE SHIPPING | eBay

Russian: Ceramic Socket 6C33C 6S33S 6C41C GU32 GMI-6 1pc.or more | eBay

The Russian ones are better but they both have an issue where they have trouble handling the current for the heaters due to poor contact surface and pressure on the pins. Running the heaters at 12v mitigates this issue, but the sockets remain less than ideal

But the one I'm interested in is this one:

4850.jpg

This seems like an ideal socket, but I haven't been able to track this type of socket down.

Does anyone know where I might procure such a socket?

PS:
A while ago someone in the UK started selling a teflon version, which is also interesting: 13E1 6C33CB QQV0640A Valve Tube Base Socket PTFE | eBay

but I prefer the ceramic Russian ones.

How many do you need?

I need 4 in total, but have a lead on two from another seller who is offering $26 for 2. So depending on if he sells them to me or not I need two, or four. :)

look if you need 4 pcs:

GS price: 8€/pcs = 32€
bank costs: 15€ (GS do not have PAYPAL ACC)
Transport : 20$ = 15€
goverment tax 7% (32€+15€)= 3€
VAT 20%(32€+15€) = 10€

total: 75€!!! for 4pcs = 18.75€/pcs.

So my earning is 1.25€/pcs!!

It still seems very expensive and I doubt you paid full price for them if you bought 240 at once.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.