• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

How Its Made - Vacuum Tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks for the Mullard article. I knew almost none of that.

As for the video, I think KR was a good choice as the valves are big and made by hand. Makes for good video. Still, it would be fun to see old footage of a factory like Mullard that was making millions a year.

Its already here this thread post #7...its the full Mullard factory..if you spool through it you get to the making of the tubes (automation is brilliant) I thought it was very good.. :)

Regards
M. Gregg

Yes, very interesting video.

What struck me the most is how long ago England used to make stuff, stuff that China is making again today. So much of a better business environment in China.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Yes, very interesting video.

What struck me the most is how long ago England used to make stuff, stuff that China is making again today. So much of a better business environment in China.

I think it was 6000 workers in the factory at the time...look how much we lost with the transistor..LOL
Clive Sinclair has a lot to answer for... :D

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I found it interesting,

If you look at the machinery the amount of adjustments on the M/C's that must have needed maintenance..

The pin forming on the base all bent to the correct angle for the connections..

Then again the woman with the tweezers welding the cage to the base..imagine doing that for an eight hour night shift..

Regards
M. Gregg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.