• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Which Chinese integrated tube amp have the power for Rock Song ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am new to tube amp ! What I more interested is which brand and model can cater to such high dynamic and speedy rock song with bass, drum and etc...Of course, I still love clear vocal, piano and etc..as well..

I know of Cayin, Yaqin but not much idea as which model is suitable for such song/music..Appreciate if you can share your thought and ideas since I am looking to buy one to start with..thanks.

you speakers should be 88-90db sensivity , i would go with something like these (65w in ultra linear mode)

YAQIN MC-100B KT88 Tube Vacuum Integrated Amplifier SV | eBay

your speakers have a bright sound and lack low end , a active subwoofer should improve overall sound quality

from time to time some used Vincent ( shanling in china ) amplifiers are on ebay , they are hybrid (tube+transistor) , but have lots of power for your kind of speaker

Last edited:
9.5w may be a little undwepowered for your speakers

this integrated with remote might be better (70W)

YAQIN MS-88B KT88 x 4 Vacuum Tube Integrated Amplifier | eBay

you need a way to connect the your source(s) ( pc , cd player ) to the line in of the sub amp , a preamp with line out might be the best option , it will also help your tube amp

a active sub(with built in amplifier) like this JBL , i have the es250p (400w) but the es150p (300w) is more than enough.

http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/product/productDetails.jsp?pid=ES150P

or you can build your own sub with a class d amp , there are many cheap ones on ebay

Thanks for your advice. Appreciated ! I will check with china manufacturer direct. The shanya website said they have no other Internet distribution except the American distributor you mentioned.

Now, back to amp topic. With that Vincent model, it will definitely have the power for bass and can rock the house down with my rs6 speakers? Must I still need sub if I am going with Vincent amp? I read and looks like preamp is already inbuild right?

Now, back to amp topic. With that Vincent model, it will definitely have the power for bass and can rock the house down with my rs6 speakers? Must I still need sub if I am going with Vincent amp? I read and looks like preamp is already inbuild right?

in my opinion you will need a sub with any amp even for rock music . once you have a sub you wont go back , trust me.

this has 150w amp , is enough for rock music , price should be around 230$ / 180€
http://www.jbl.com/EN-EU/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?PID=E150P/230

you wont need pre amp with the vincent . Any of the vincent amps will do , more watts give more headroom and that´s always nice.

Last edited:
this has 150w amp , is enough for rock music , price should be around 230$ / 180€
http://www.jbl.com/EN-EU/Products/Pa...?PID=E150P/230

by the way , I only listen to rock music and i have this sub , for the price it´s really good.

i have listened to the vincent amps and they are very good too , but expensive new , try to buy them used , with the vincent you will never be short of power , very powerfull amp.

with the tube amps , i recommend a pre amp but you can buy that later on .

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.