Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th December 2011, 07:26 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Radiotron A504 amplifier schematic

Gentlemen,

I am seaching for the Radiotron A504 amplifier schematic. I suspect that it was a rather early 6V6 push pull amplifier, likely published in a Radiotron Designers Handbook probably preceeding the 4th edition which I have at hand.

You can find references to that circuit in both the 1941 Radiotron 6V6 datasheet and the 1944 AWV/Radiotron 6V6GT datasheet superseeding the 1941 issue.

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/084/6/6V6GT.pdf

Thank you very much,

Tom
Old 25th December 2011, 08:02 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi Tom,

I just checked my 3rd edition (very small) and the only reference is to something like A145. My huge red 4th edition shows A515. (hopefully I got the numbers right between the basement and the computer) My guess is it was in some data sheet or application note because unless I have some "mini" 3rd edition, there just wasn't that much in the earlier editions, and almost nothing using the numbering scheme given. Everything is figure this and figure that. Sorry.
Old 26th December 2011, 07:21 PM   #3
taj is offline taj
diyAudio Member

I could be wrong, but I believe these articles came from Radiotronics Magazine, rather than the RDH (same publisher I assume). I cannot, however, find much evidence of any remaining issues of the magazine on the internet other than some nuggets like the A515 (Williamson amp) article.

..Todd
Old 31st December 2011, 09:32 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Gentlemen,

thank you for your investigations. I kept on searching myself, but couldn't come up with a schematic either. The closest thing was another very early Radiotron schematic using 6L6 instead, but obviously also using the screen grid feed potentiometer method as mentioned in the AVW 6V6 datasheet.

Happy new year to all!

Tom
Old 31st December 2011, 12:13 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

You could try posting on an Australian radio forum (eg. Oz-Wireless : Australian Wireless Chat) - some old timers may have a collection of Radiotronics.
Old 3rd January 2012, 02:43 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I suspect I may have this, as I have many issues of Radiotronics. I won't know until I'm out where they are kept next week though.

Hide this!Advertise here!