Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st December 2011, 08:42 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default PP 300B ''transformer coupled''

Hi, next year i will be doing a school project. I was thinking of building a tube amplifier more specificly a PP-300B and i dont realy know why but somehow i have dicided that it should use a interstage transformer. I know the basics of how tubes work but i wouldnt say i know enought to design something myself. So iam basicly wondering if anyone knows a design something like this: Click the image to open in full size.%20%20Uploaded%20with%20ImageShack.us[/IMG]

(My awsome paint skills but i guess you get the idea)

Regards
Old 21st December 2011, 09:35 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size. Seems link wasnt working
Old 21st December 2011, 09:39 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Link does not work.

You have read this? The Amity, Raven, and Aurora
Old 21st December 2011, 10:02 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsavitsk View Post
Link does not work.

You have read this? The Amity, Raven, and Aurora
Yes i have but id rather skip the input transformer or is it possible to get a input transformer with differential input ?

Does the new link work?
Old 21st December 2011, 10:38 PM   #5
kevinh is offline kevinh  United States
diyAudio Member

You don't have to have the input transformer. If you look at the Raven Pre amp you will see it is a balanced output so the input to the amp is a balanced input.

Read the whole Amity and Karna page and use the parts that fit your design. If you want a single ended input you can use an interstage transformer as a phase splitter.

Note what Lynn has to say about the power required to properly drive the grid of the 300.

Hide this!Advertise here!