• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

PP 300B ''transformer coupled''

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, next year i will be doing a school project. I was thinking of building a tube amplifier more specificly a PP-300B and i dont realy know why but somehow i have dicided that it should use a interstage transformer. I know the basics of how tubes work but i wouldnt say i know enought to design something myself. So iam basicly wondering if anyone knows a design something like this:
URL]

(My awsome paint skills but i guess you get the idea)

Regards

You don't have to have the input transformer. If you look at the Raven Pre amp you will see it is a balanced output so the input to the amp is a balanced input.

Read the whole Amity and Karna page and use the parts that fit your design. If you want a single ended input you can use an interstage transformer as a phase splitter.

Note what Lynn has to say about the power required to properly drive the grid of the 300.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.