• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

very low impedance white follower with 6H13C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I have tryed to made a white follower with the mu=2 6as7, 6H13C tube, purpose is driving mosfets with this tube who is low voltage and high current low impedance so I can temper the mosfets to do what I want.

But if the Mu is low it is not easy to get idle oke, it has differential supply of 125 volt each, after regulator 110 volt, the tube take to much idle except if I rise resistors to 470 ohm or higher, she get pretty warm, it is the mu that casue this a higher mu is better to regulate it needs less negative grid voltage, the only way to get around is a seperate supply for the grid so I can use lower resistor value,s.

I know, here are a lot people who get idea,s and so please if you can help me I am very happy, let me now how I can get around the different supply, I want to use dc coupling to fets like I did with the amp now working, so need diff supply, ubtil now I can only use higher resistors, but tube has lower plate voltage then, this concerns me a bit.....

I had a idea to made a srpp driving the mosfets, then I have no follower but a amplifier/driver of 2, this way it is nice to test what the sound then is, a bit more second harmonic can made the mosfets more warm sounding.

thanks for your help.

Attachments

• whitefollower-driver.gif
    whitefollower-driver.gif
    92.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.