Analog Summing - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th December 2011, 12:11 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Sorry, the correct link is Vintage german modules (Neumann, Siemens, TAB, IRT, Lawo, ANT, Eckmiller, Adis, Monitora and Telefunken modules and Braunbuch scans)
and search for LAWO DV975 (Strg + f) and take the schematic.
Old 15th December 2011, 05:28 PM   #12
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1 View Post
I'd like to build a analog summing amplifier. Perfect would be with tubes. I want to get the typical tube sound, if it's possible.

So I want to know if it's possible to built a summer like the Neumann 475 or LAWO DV975 by myself.
I think it would be help if you could elaborate a bit more on your intended application.

The Neumann and Lawo are designed as parts of modular mixing desks specifically for the German Public Radio/TV System which is a bit of a law onto itself. There many areas of performance/operation that may not be needed.

If for example you simply wanted to have a system to downmix eight channels of outputs from a Pro-Audio Sound Box attached to a DAW (e.g. Protools) into a stereo mix and give this a health dash of tube sound before looping it back into the AD converter, the circuit can be very much simpler than LAWO.

If on the other hand you have a project for your classes you may need to list the precise requirements set out in the project brief.

And so on.

Ciao T
Old 15th December 2011, 06:36 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hey,
the purpose for this analog summer is to summarize the digital to analog converted signals of my mixer.

I want the tubes inside, to give the mix a warm touch.

Maybe I transform my "studio" to a analog studio, because I dislike the synthetic, "perfect" digital sound.
My DAW has only the function to record the tracks and in my opinion, my DAW delivers not the quality I wanted after summing the signals.

regards, Michael
Old 16th December 2011, 05:39 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

If you want to sum 16 channels with tubes then there is little point or benefit in thinking about active summing. Passive summing will be more than adequate for your needs and the summing network will not be a noise issue.

Cheers

Ian

Hide this!Advertise here!