diyAudio (
-   Tubes / Valves (
-   -   Hardware help please (

Burnedfingers 12th December 2011 10:47 PM

Hardware help please
I need a source and part number for some bias test points that you would insert your VOM probe into. I've seen them but cannot recall a PN or name. They are mostly plastic with a metal insert inside and are chassis mount.

HollowState 12th December 2011 11:07 PM

They're called tip jacks. The best ones are made by HH Smith (Abbatron). I buy them on eBay. Search for HH Smith or tip jack. Mouser also sells them. But they may be imports.
Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor tip jack

Burnedfingers 13th December 2011 10:20 AM


Burnedfingers 18th December 2011 04:03 PM

Just happened to find some NOS H.H. Smith Turret terminal banana jack pieces at a .24 ea close out price.

Now I'm trying to find some nylon stepped washers

outside dia 1/2" inside dia .312 height at max step .092 thickness of washer .062

wrenchone 19th December 2011 07:11 AM

Try McMaster-Carr for shoulder washers.

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:14 PM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 18.75%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio