• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

integrated amps 100 per channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
i'm curious about finding a big honking vintage all tube to have converted to a bass amp. being for bass, live, i figure 100 watts minimum, preferably a 2x100. i have ideas and have read stuff, but no idea what can be done, has been done successfully , etc. i have a vintage ampro power speaker (1x12ax7, 2x6v6) that i use with a pair of 12" alnicos and love and want see what else i can get to use for larger applications. i know enough to keep from killing myself or starting fires, and i can match inpedance, but there's where my electronics knowledge ends, so maybe dumb it down if u feel it will actually help! i really need advice for what to tell the guy that'll be doing the work!

of course. i'm looking for an asthetic. i want a head that looks like "darth vader's bathroom" or like a chunk of sputnik or something. an svt will work beatifully, but anyone can have one. i'm going to have it rebuilt anywho, but the closer the start is to my end result, the cheaper the build.

Something like a Bogen or Masco PA head would maybe do the trick... there were models up to 100W or so. The older Strombergs topped out at 50W or so, but are built like tanks - the later APH models went up to 200W. Some of these are "booster" amps, without a preamp section. They aren't hi-fi, but will beat a Bassman for bass response.

what peaked my interest in the asthetic part was a pic of an old fischer. i want a good piece that's built for turning up loud. i guess long story short i'm need of search terms for the evilbay. there's hammond- i think those amps get powerful. leslie, kustom, blah i know most of the pro audio names from the 70's and newer, but those big powerful toobies from the earlier years of hifi and pro audio i don't know. masco is a good suggestion, thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.