It's heeeeeere!- Valve Amplifiers 4th Edition - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th December 2011, 08:00 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Blimey, I'll need another mortgage.

I could buy a set of valves for that price. (Er, have done)

Last edited by payitforwardeddie; 6th December 2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 6th December 2011, 08:21 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

yay! An excuse for a Kindle purchase rolled into the deal! Woohoo! Christmas is certainly here...
Old 6th December 2011, 08:36 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Morgan says that he actually has physical copies, so Newnes is apparently shipping.
Newnes uses Elsevier Direct for international distribution. They still show it as unpublished. I did find a UK source when I looked around yesterday but I can't find it now. I will just wait for Amazon.

Morgan emailed me about two years ago asking if he could include some PowerDrive information. I have no idea if it made the cut though.

Paper or Kindle.......I don't want to get my wifes Kindle too close to the workbench due to the probability of it getting broken. On the other hand the paper copy of the third edition started losing pages within a few months. My original 1973 edition RCA tube manual is in better shape.
Old 6th December 2011, 08:38 PM   #24
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

From what hes told me, yes, Power Drive is in there. I chided him a bit about dismissing AB2 in the 3rd edition and apparently he took me seriously.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:26 PM   #25
piano3 is offline piano3  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I got mine 36 hours ago; can't put it down!
Old 7th December 2011, 12:51 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I chided him a bit about dismissing AB2 in the 3rd edition and apparently he took me seriously.
Now that you have introduced Morgan to AB2, do you think you can get screen drive into the 5th edition?
Old 7th December 2011, 04:28 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

oh well, I'll wait for the 5th then ;-) (taking the 5th?)
Old 7th December 2011, 12:23 PM   #28
heyraz is offline heyraz  United States
diyAudio Member

I have the third edition and "Building Valve Amplifiers" by Morgan Jones. Are there any other books a newbee like me should read?
Old 7th December 2011, 02:10 PM   #29
GloBug is offline GloBug  Canada
Banned

You have the "Building Valve Amplifiers", there is also one called "Valve Amplifiers" by the same author.
Old 7th December 2011, 02:30 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubelab.com View Post
On the other hand the paper copy of the third edition started losing pages within a few months. My original 1973 edition RCA tube manual is in better shape.
Let's hope for better/more binding glue this time around.

Heyraz: "Valve Amplifiers" is where most of the theory is. "Building Valve Amplifiers" is the construction tips and methods sidekick book.

Last edited by boywonder; 7th December 2011 at 02:32 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!