• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Ortofon KS 591 - informations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I was bought a beautiful tube amplifier Ortofon model KS 591,and he is damaged
- is somebody have any informations about this amplifier, service manual etc ?
It's my first tube amplifier and quickly I love him, so I must try to repair him

I will be grateful for help,

Sorry that my english is no good :blush:

Best regards

Jarek /musiko/

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 157
You should be able to do it without the manual.

I think this is a 18w unit. (2x9W)

Just apply the same techniques as any other radio. Replace the electrolytics with the same or higher voltage ratings, similar capacitance etc.
Insall a grounded 3-prong plug. etc.

Look for your tubes data sheet to see if they are running in spec.

Looks like a sweet unit.

I'ts heavy metal case unit ( white parts ), it's have a miniwatt ECC83 x2, EF86 x2, ECL82 x2 and siemens ECL82 x2, somebody earlier was changed the electrolytics, and miniwatt ECC83 x2, EF86 x2 aren't inside the unit. Some cables are in the air, and section pre signal are disconnect from power signal section.

Ortofon KS 591

Hello musiko,
I am curious - did you find out about the Danish KS 591? It's a fine thing, worth to make uptodate, and it can be done.
But I just thought, I would inform you - in case you don't know -, that after 591 followed the model KS 601 (1960-63), and it is more known, so you can find information about it. Also some have made it work exchanging a few components, and they have written about it (but maybe only in Danish).
I feel sure, you can use 601 as inspiration. On hifiengine you can find a manual.
Good luck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.