• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

What is screen tap of transformer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello I'm new to tube. Now I'm planning to build my first tubeamp. The most difficult part of building a tube amp is wiring the transformers. Can any one tell me what is screen tap of a output transformer? I read this in an artical about how to make transformer, but don't have idea about what it is at all.

Hello I'm new to tube. Now I'm planning to build my first tubeamp. The most difficult part of building a tube amp is wiring the transformers. Can any one tell me what is screen tap of a output transformer? I read this in an artical about how to make transformer, but don't have idea about what it is at all.

Hello, this is difficult .

Only mode is putting power transformer a great distance away .
Axis all transformers 90degree .

atandm

It is the output of the electrostatic shield to be grounded.
No. Screen tap is a winding tap for the output valve screen grid, also known as g2.

Wiring the transformers is not the most difficult part of building a valve amp. Proper grounding, for both safety and noise, is probably the part which people most often get wrong. The mains side of the transformer is the most important part to get right, as getting this wrong can have serious life-threatening consequences.

No. Screen tap is a winding tap for the output valve screen grid, also known as g2.

Wiring the transformers is not the most difficult part of building a valve amp. Proper grounding, for both safety and noise, is probably the part which people most often get wrong. The mains side of the transformer is the most important part to get right, as getting this wrong can have serious life-threatening consequences.
Thanks for informing.

to keep things simple...PP output transformers can have 3 primary taps or 5 primary taps. Transformers that only have 3 primary taps are not capable of being used in amps configured for ultra-linear mode unless resistors are used between g1 and g2. transformer with 5 primary taps allow the amp to run in ultra-linear mode by connecting the 40% tap to g2. Not all designs require transformers that can support ultra-linear mode.

Excuse me,I think You speak screening fields around transformers.
On power You make sectional is important for "out power". When You Uanode=1000V+600induction V between coil winding must are electrical strength
or screen. Here isn't simple solutions.

aeandm

Hi,

Screen taps are a way of connecting pentodes (tetrodes?) such that
they have a characteristic between pentode (tetrode?) and triode mode
performance and generally valves designed for it work best configured
this way, in terms of a combination of power output and distortion.

They have no relevance for triodes, or triode connected pentodes/tetrodes.

rgds, sreten.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.