• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

EL34 Parts..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All--

This is my first time posting on this forum, but I don't see the point in posting simply for introduction, might as well get something done while you're at it...

At any rate - I recently started assembling my first DIY tube project. So far I have the PSU pretty much put together, at least in a testable format, and plan on assembling the actual amp soon. Right now I'm just using pre-made project boxes and plywood to put everything on. Once I have all the pieces working with each other and have the amp that I want, I'll figure out how to put it into something pretty...

This is a link to the design I'm using -
DIY Single-Ended KT88 / 6L6 / EL34 / 6CA7 Tube Amplifier

So the reason for posting is simple. I can't find a potion of these parts. I've tried the usual suspects, Mouser, Newark, Parts-Express, Digi-Key...,.... and no one seems to stock them. Any rate, any source for the following would be greatly appreciated -

-5H 250R Choke
-James 6123H Transformer

-10uF 630v Solen
-.22uF 630v Auricap
-100uF 16v BG Cap
-220uF 160v BG Cap

Thanks ahead for the help! I tried searching the forum for these products as well, didn't look like anyone had been specifically looking for them, but I'm sure I'm not the first ever. If this is one big n00b post, please bear with me, as I am a n00b :p

-CW

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Usual suspects for tube parts are places like:

Antique Electronic Supply

Michael Percy Audio Ordering Information

Madisound Speaker Components: distributor of loudspeaker drivers and parts for speaker builders.

Parts ConneXion - The authority on hi-fi DIY parts and components

www.hndme.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp

http://www.electra-print.com/

http://www.edcorusa.com/default.aspx

http://www.kandkaudio.com/

I've been buying stuff from these guys for decades in some cases and all are good.

eBay is good for tubes and sockets amongst others, and sometimes transformers.

Michael Percy still has a limited selection of Black Gate caps, but these have now been out of production for the better part of a decade so stocks are very low..

Welcome to the forum!

For basic transformers and chokes, try angela instruments. angela.com or Angela Instruments Online Catalog - Transformers for the transformers section. They don't have the James transformers, but they will most likely have a similarly spec'd hammond.
James transformers can be had from a few places, like
James Audio Output Transformers
and
James Output Transformers for SET Tube Amplifiers

I believe auricaps can be found at:
Antique Electronic Supply
Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building components
Vacuum Tubes and Components Sales
Welcome to TubeDepot.com!

best of luck!

Last edited:
hello all,,, greetings for all of them know,,
My Indonesian people / bali, mr. cdubbs his fate may be the same with me,
I also again make the preamp tubes, already 4 months of not being completed because of the difficulty of part-part is,,,
maybe anyone can give a solution?,,,
I say many thanks for everything,,
and greetings from me,,,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.