• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Any Europeans here going to VSAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi Bas,

Instead of going to this show, would it be a bad idea to save up and meet ,say in London or Frankfurt next year?

Alternatively, we could just set up a meeting in the U.K. or in Belgium.

You're all welcome in my place anytime you want, just use my e-mail address to get in touch and we'll arrange something.

Cheers,;)

VSUCK

fdegrove said:
Hi Bas,

Instead of going to this show, would it be a bad idea to save up and meet ,say in London or Frankfurt next year?

You're all welcome in my place anytime you want, just use use my e-mail address to get in touch and we'll arrange something.

Cheers,;)

What is this VSUCk expo nonsense all about anyway ? Don't tell me : SE type 45's with farty back-loaded horns with no bass , Bottlehead products and so on ? (yawn.....) Saying that won't that nutcase MrStippich be attending with his stupendously beautiful amps ?

ps What venue in London is worth visiting ?

316a

Re: VSUCK

316a said:

What is this VSUCk expo nonsense all about anyway ?

http://www.vsac2003.com/

Don't tell me : SE type 45's with farty back-loaded horns with no bass , Bottlehead products and so on ? (yawn.....)

Undoubtedly there'll be some of that, but there'll also be people like Allen Wright, Lynn Olson, Gary Pimm, Garry Dahl and Bruce Edgar there too.

Saying that won't that nutcase MrStippich be attending with his stupendously beautiful amps ?

Beautiful? Stupendously ugly IMO.

We're in a good mood today aren't we? Must be full moon.

fdegrove said:
Hi Bas,

You're all welcome in my place anytime you want, just use my e-mail address to get in touch and we'll arrange something.

Cheers,;)

Cool Frank, I'll PM you my address so you can send me my plane tickets.

Hi John,

Not a quaint little northern band.

Clive Messer from South of the Thames who I know quite well. He went last year and persuaded me to go. Two other people Ray Paice and Scott Woods who I don't know, both bottleheads I believe. Clive has just built a Bottlehead amp but he has a whole range of stuff he's built and kept.

We're all travelling together from Hethrow.

I have never built a Bottlehead product, but I did try hooking up an el cheapo parafeed (not that the topology belongs to Bottleheads, I have it in an encyclopaedia which predates RDH). Yes it sounded good.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: VSUCK

Brett said:
people like Allen Wright, Lynn Olson, Gary Pimm, Garry Dahl and Bruce Edgar

too name only a few...

the likes of these are trying to get there too:

Attachments

• hiel-fostex-low.jpg
    hiel-fostex-low.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 63
Re: VSUCK

316a said:

What is this VSUCk expo nonsense all about anyway ? Don't tell me : SE type 45's with farty back-loaded horns with no bass , Bottlehead products and so on ? (yawn.....) Saying that won't that nutcase MrStippich be attending with his stupendously beautiful amps ?

ps What venue in London is worth visiting ?

316a

Can't help but wonder, does your name have anything to do with B16a?

Didn't know if it's one of those l33k type things...

:rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.