First try P-P 6S41S design - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th November 2011, 01:42 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default First try P-P 6S41S design

Hullo all,

So I've been using my spare time recently to try to go from school physics to valve design, namely an AB1 amplifier using 6S41S valves, mainly because I think they look good and feel a bit different.

Trying to collate all the huge number of things has been rather mind-numbing, but I hope I'm getting there.

The idea was to have full output from 1.4Vrms and use the excess gain for NFB when I've read up on it, so it's not included yet - besides the whole circuit might be ridiculous to more experienced eyes, so any feedback (ho ho) gratefully received.

Originally I had 12S3Ss for the mu-follower but there wasn't enough H.T. to give them the necessary swing, so I chose the 6S45P-E. I've not calculated for anything beyond the output stage yet. The quiescent point of the 6S41s I've put at 210V/80mA at 1.2K (-80Vg).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First Draft 6S41S.JPG (69.0 KB, 141 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!