Aikido line amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th November 2011, 12:42 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Aikido line amp

Hello all,

I'm building an Aikido line amp using 6922's in the 150 volt "low voltage" version. After looking through the book and all the available material I'm still not sure about part values. I've emailed John and he never seems to respond. So if there is someone that has built this amp I would appreciate some help. The brochure that comes with the board is not really clear about values. And in fact some of the numbering of the resistors is inconsistent.

On the page titled INTRODUCTION TO THE AIKIDO. There is a schematic for the heart of the circuit. Below is a list of the best guesses I can come up with for the values:

R1&11 or Rg 1meg
R2&5 or Rgs 300ohm
R3&4 or Rk 470ohm (first stage)
R6&7 or Rk 180ohm (Second stage)

These as numbered in the drawing not by position.
R1 87.5k
R2 100k

Any help would be much appreciated, Kevin
Old 7th November 2011, 02:52 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hello,
Seems to me that a B+ of 150 is above the range of the “standard” way of thinking of the LV Aikido.
See page 13 of the straight up Aikido User Manual. There are part values for using 6DJ8’s at B+ = 150.
http://www.tubecad.com/Product_PDFs/...ereo_Rev_C.pdf
DT
Old 11th December 2011, 06:44 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hey DualTriode,
I'm building the Aikido section of the amp and have downloaded Tubecad's PDF. Once again there is disagreement between two Aikido schematics. The booklet that came with my Aikido all in one nine pin line amp board doesn't show a line amp schematic. It only shows the general Aikido schematic and the headphone amp. Tube cads PDF shows more components beyond the second tube. the PDF shows two coupling caps, C1 and C2 and specs Paper in oil or film. Can I assume that if I only want to use one, say film, the second can be omitted?

Kevin
Old 11th December 2011, 07:23 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

The above post was a waste of breath, please disregard.
Old 29th December 2011, 02:50 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

DualTriode,
Just wanted to clarify something. On page 12 of the revision c booklet it lists 124 ohm for the cathode resistors for 6922's at a B+ of 150 volts. That is resistors 2,4,8 and 11. Is that correct?
Kevin
Old 29th December 2011, 03:52 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Kevin,
I will print out the pages and read. I will be back in the A.M.
DT

Kevin,

Not morning yet. I am back. Yes that is Rk or resistors 2,4,8 and 11 as you say on page 12.

DT

Last edited by DualTriode; 29th December 2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: oops

Hide this!Advertise here!