• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Aikido line amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I'm building an Aikido line amp using 6922's in the 150 volt "low voltage" version. After looking through the book and all the available material I'm still not sure about part values. I've emailed John and he never seems to respond. So if there is someone that has built this amp I would appreciate some help. The brochure that comes with the board is not really clear about values. And in fact some of the numbering of the resistors is inconsistent.

On the page titled INTRODUCTION TO THE AIKIDO. There is a schematic for the heart of the circuit. Below is a list of the best guesses I can come up with for the values:

R1&11 or Rg 1meg
R2&5 or Rgs 300ohm
R3&4 or Rk 470ohm (first stage)
R6&7 or Rk 180ohm (Second stage)

These as numbered in the drawing not by position.
R1 87.5k
R2 100k

Any help would be much appreciated, Kevin

Hey DualTriode,
I'm building the Aikido section of the amp and have downloaded Tubecad's PDF. Once again there is disagreement between two Aikido schematics. The booklet that came with my Aikido all in one nine pin line amp board doesn't show a line amp schematic. It only shows the general Aikido schematic and the headphone amp. Tube cads PDF shows more components beyond the second tube. the PDF shows two coupling caps, C1 and C2 and specs Paper in oil or film. Can I assume that if I only want to use one, say film, the second can be omitted?

Kevin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.