Old HP transformer - what is it? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th November 2011, 01:02 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Well Jar Jar, your interest is 1960's HP designs is an aspect of your character Lucas would have done well to emphasise. As it is, I fear for your safety on the streets.... being quite small won't help either
Old 22nd November 2011, 04:32 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfieldrebel View Post
I retrieved an old transformer from a dead power supply

HP 9100-0181

Google is giving me nothing useful on this guy, can anyone tell me what the specs are? I've measured some voltages that are obviously for heaters (13.7 VAC), others are for B+ (815 VAC!!!)

I'm thinking maybe it's to be used with 110 VAC mains (13.7 VAC * 110/240 = 6.3 VAC)

Is it ok to use the primary with 240 VAC? Maybe the insulation on the secondaries won't survive a doubling of their voltage?

Thanks
By a strange coincidence I was removing this exact transformer today from a function generator. I am attaching a photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hp9100-0181.jpg (404.2 KB, 70 views)
Old 22nd November 2011, 02:39 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Excellent stuff mariner4, those specs are suggesting a stereo push-pull amp to me... gotta love the manufacturing standards that the relevant info is perfectly preserved after several decades. I wonder how many of these function generators they sold....
Old 22nd November 2011, 04:45 PM   #14
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfieldrebel View Post
Excellent stuff mariner4, those specs are suggesting a stereo push-pull amp to me... gotta love the manufacturing standards that the relevant info is perfectly preserved after several decades. I wonder how many of these function generators they sold....
Looks like a pretty good transformer for that purpose and should be quite quiet in operation..

Hide this!Advertise here!