• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Double parafeed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm fooling around with some thought of parafeed, but alas I am a poor man, therefore I don't usually build a whole new amp unless I'm fairly certain it'll sound good. Or at least work at all.

I'm wondering would it be possible to have two (2) outputs from a parafeed power stage. To clarify: one tube, cathode biased (/w LEDs), choke on anode, two 4.7µF Solen caps from anode of tube, one transformer between each cap and ground (or cathode).

The other transformer would be say 5K : 4R, to drive a bass cone speaker, the other a P-P transformer in reverse, 4R : 10K to drive an ESL tweeter.

Probably not the most elegant or otherwise best system, but if this would work it'd be very cheap!

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
The impedance reflected by a transformer depend on what is on the other side - the ESL panel is basically an open circuit, a capacitor. In reality it however has a very high impedance or so I've understood. Therefore it would reflect much more than 4R to the other side of the transformer.

Has it been done? Can you put a low impedance primary in a parafeed circuit with an ESL panel on the other side?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.