• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

RE: My first attempt at using Tube Cadd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RE: My first attempt at using Tube Cadd

OK, please be easy on me since this is my first attempt at using Tube Cad.
I plugged in some tubes sitting in my stash to experiment with various gains. It appears (and correct me if Im wrong) that I should have plenty of headroom since the first gain stage is 7.1 (about 17db) and second is about 13. Unfortunately, Tube Cadd doesnt calculate the whole circuit. Now wouldnt that be great! I thought about direct couple from first to second but was sure what the resistance would be at the grid of second tube. For now, lets not worry about the quality of power supply, I can do that part easily. But as an FYI, the 26 and the 76 would be driven DC, and the JJ would be AC heated. I'm calculating about 3 watts with 2v in.
I'm starting out with this scenario since its probably the easiest to understand, from there I'll move to the next level.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I can't offer advice, but I'll be watching, since my first (recent) experiences with TubeCAD, SEAmpCAD, and the TubeManual were all negative.
Perhaps you'll encourage me to have another go!
EDIT-I don't know if its easily done, but larger images of your schematic would be a help, I think.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.