idiot proof mono push pull 6l6gc schematic wanted - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th September 2011, 02:44 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default idiot proof mono push pull 6l6gc schematic wanted

i need a very basic schematic, that is easily readable with either a 6sn7 or a 6sl7 doing input and phase inversion duties. i have pairs 5k and 3.8k hifi output transformers. i have four sockets on these chassis and dont want to add anymore 1 input 2 power 1 rectifier. 30 watts or there abouts is what iam after in power output.
thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 04:44 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Try this one.

Boozhound Laboratories

check out the rest of his site also, much good stuff.
Old 29th September 2011, 06:55 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

thanks Bruce. if anybody has one in the cooler you could send it to me at jasondplacetobe@yahoo.com

iam serious and will build it with pics toight. iam awsome at soldering and laying out, just not at getting things to work great LOL. figure i will get one right, one of these days by accident.
Old 29th September 2011, 07:21 PM   #4
tomchr is online now tomchr  United States
diyAudio Member

A google search turns up the following:

a 6L6 power amplifier

DIY Audio Projects Forum • Williamson 6SN7 - 6L6 (KT66) Tube Amplifier

The EF86+6SN7+6L6 push-pull circuit - Amplifier_Circuit - Circuit Diagram - SeekIC.com

Not surprisingly, Pete Millett has a 6L6 design as well:
Push-pull KT88 class A amp with "universal" driver PCB

Rather than expecting everybody to bend over and hand you a schematic, how about looking at what's already out there?

~Tom

Last edited by tomchr; 29th September 2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 29th September 2011, 07:38 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

excellent. Another paint-by-numbers job...

The boozehound link is SE, not PP.

IMO, 4 bottles is not going to get you enough gain and split and grid drive if you intend to use one of the spaces for a rectifier and still get 30W. I'd look at ss rectification, and that frees up your gain stage and phase splitter options.
Old 29th September 2011, 07:54 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Unfortunately, Push-Pull amplifiers are definitely not for idiots. Believe me, I have tried.
Old 29th September 2011, 08:35 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by costis_n View Post
Unfortunately, Push-Pull amplifiers are definitely not for idiots. Believe me, I have tried.
thanks for relating. i have spent 2 mos on 2 different builds, and they both suck. something that would get my confidence going again would be nice.
the boozehound site does have some good reading at least. i need more theory so maybe i can figure some of this stuff out myself. learning this is harder than a golf swing.
Old 29th September 2011, 09:14 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchr View Post
A google search turns up the following:

a 6L6 power amplifier

DIY Audio Projects Forum • Williamson 6SN7 - 6L6 (KT66) Tube Amplifier

The EF86+6SN7+6L6 push-pull circuit - Amplifier_Circuit - Circuit Diagram - SeekIC.com

Not surprisingly, Pete Millett has a 6L6 design as well:
Push-pull KT88 class A amp with "universal" driver PCB

Rather than expecting everybody to bend over and hand you a schematic, how about looking at what's already out there?

~Tom
If you decide to go with Pete Millet's KT88 build as suggested, check out my revived thread entitled "Building my 1st tube amp". I am on the way to building 2 of them, and they are not cheap. From all I've read they sound awesome, but they are definitely not an easy build, at least not for a newb like me.
Old 29th September 2011, 09:51 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Jason, this is THE definative thread on the 25W 6L6gc pp subject...

6L6GC AB2 Amp
Old 29th September 2011, 09:56 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasondace2b View Post
i have spent 2 mos on 2 different builds, and they both suck.
Care to elaborate. Inquiring minds and all that.

jeff

Hide this!Advertise here!