• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

idiot proof mono push pull 6l6gc schematic wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
iam your huckleberry

wow i feel a little hostility:p. thats funny iam catching attitude over nothing:p iam going to use this one , and adapt it to 2 outputs instead of 4. i need more experiance with it. this circuit is my first unfinished synphony and i have about 1000 bucks tied up in it already. with a pair of these baldwin pc amps running 4 6550s a pair of martian rectifiers and 100 watt antek outputs.
prollly a little more than i could chew on for a first build, but God hates a coward. so i really dont feel like i qualify as a " johnny come lately", but i do realize that i dont know much. i have come a long way in 2 mos.

whatever fellas.....

Attachments

• baldwin pc schematic.png
    baldwin pc schematic.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 410
  • gut shot.jpg
    gut shot.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 392
  • SAM_0557.JPG
    SAM_0557.JPG
    824.2 KB · Views: 385
so what stage is this one at? Is it gonig yet? (Or is it a donor?
this is not going at the moment. i had a a pair of these going for about a week. how i got into tearing into them again was one was running hotter than the other (specificly the choke and the output transformer )and the voltage was fluctuating up and down. so i rippped into it and found a pinched wire on each blocking flow. these were a real bear due to there age and everything kept failing ( wires, solder joints, sockets tec. etc). so it was like i would get something working then something else would brake over and over again.
i thought it would be cool and a little custom to change the way the tube layout was so i rewired it to have all the outputs in a row. got it all back together and no sound. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
make a long story short, i ripped in the other one to make it match. i had to put them down for a while because i got sick of them kicking my ***.
thats where this 4 tube project came into the picture.

Attachments

• SAM_0540.JPG
    SAM_0540.JPG
    805.9 KB · Views: 334
  • SAM_0307.JPG
    SAM_0307.JPG
    823.5 KB · Views: 308
well they are done, as far as the guts go anyway. wurlitzer with a baldwin circuit. here are a couple of candid shots i will post some more when i finish the outside, and neat up the inside a bit.
the work very well , ut there seems to be a hump in the mid to high mid response. with instruments they are very dynamic and lively. voice sounds thin and less trrue to reality. is there anyway to maybe smooth that out with feedback or with the input impeadeance? see told you i dont know sqwat.

*** oh yeah they Buzz a little. whats that about?
pictures wont load i'll try again later

If you could post the schematic it will help, even if its a scribble on an envelope(take a photo of it). I prefer it that way anyway, some of the diagrams the spice users produce are almost unreadable.

Feedback should/could help with the midrange hump but we will need the actual schematic and voltages etc.

I have just finalised my 6L6/807 etc. design it pretty much follows the http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/133034-6l6gc-ab2-amp.html thread.

So what is the primary impedence of your output transformers? I cant guess from previous posts.

Cheers Matt.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.