diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Photo Discussion (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/19738-photo-discussion.html)

cadman 3rd September 2003 05:12 AM

Photo Discussion

This thread is for the discussion, Q&A and general chit-chat relating to the Project Photos thread. This way we can wax to our heart's content and share advice and goodwill without disturbing the continuity of the pictures.

Who want's to go first?

dhaen 10th September 2003 07:37 AM

stickies

This thread and the "Project Photo Album" thread have been made "sticky", so are now a permanent feature of the tubes forum.
I hope that members will be encouraged to post and discuss their finished (or almost finished) valve / tube projects on these threads.
Thanks to Cadman for initiating and Sc3mat1c for pushing the idea ;)

Enjoy

dhaen 11th September 2003 10:43 AM

Photo album post 10 & 11

Hey Bas,

I see you're going for the metal effect. Looks very good so far. Keep it up ;)

Cheers,

Bas Horneman 11th September 2003 03:53 PM

Thanks...John,

Trying to advance little by little...I found aluminium..and I suppose all metals very unforgiving!!! Not fun working with if you don't have the tools...

Unfortunately I'm still going to drop the metal topplate into a multiplex wooden box...

Maybe one day I will be able to build real wooden box with dovetails to drop it into!...sort of an upgrade!

Cheers,
Bas

dhaen 11th September 2003 04:37 PM

Bas,

Nothing wrong with wood...best of both worlds.
What's a multiplex box?

Cheers,

Bas Horneman 11th September 2003 04:41 PM

Ah the proper english term for it just came to mind..

plywood....

the same type i've used so far for my frontrow and preamp

PS...the unfortunately refered to the plywood part..not that fact that I would use wood.. :-)..

Quote:

Nothing wrong with wood...best of both worlds.
I agree...

dhaen 11th September 2003 04:51 PM

Plywood

Ha,

Multiplex describes it perfectly.... (to an engineer :D )

Cheers,

Sch3mat1c 12th September 2003 09:07 PM

Billfort

Quote:

Angela/Sound Practices WE91 based 300B SET with Electra-Print output transformer, ASC oil caps, Sylvania 6SL7 driver, Mullard GZ37 rectifier, WE300B, stainless/mild steel sandwich top plate on South American mahogany base.
Hey Bill, why'd you use stainless and mild? Mild rusts like a nut if you don't give it a little maintanance. (Hept'AU7 is breaking out in red spots, darned humidity..)

Tim

dhaen 12th September 2003 09:22 PM

Pedroskova,

That's the most beautiful amp I've ever seen:nod:

Does it sound any good?

Cheers,

pedroskova 12th September 2003 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dhaen
Pedroskova,

That's the most beautiful amp I've ever seen:nod:

Does it sound any good?

Cheers,

I heard the prototypes in some ugly grey boxes last year(this has taken quite a long time) and they sounded very nice - refined, musical, and balanced - not a wart in earshot. I would love to hear them in my system.

Hell, I'd love to SEE them in my system.
;)