• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Amp Photos?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well no time like the present :D

Here's my latest effort, uses PP triode/UL 807s, with 6SN7 drivers and EF37A pentodes in the front end. Level indicator is an EM81 magic eye, and works very well (driven off the speaker terminal.)

Still tweaking, but it sounds awesome, even with no negative feeback (yet.)

Attachments

• 807.jpg
    807.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 795
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Sch3mat1c said:
Ah, sounds like a good idea - I think there was one somewhere, either the prettiest or ugliest amp thread, in either case it would be a good sticky thread for this forum. It could quickly get very long so I'd suggest keeping it to 2 or 3 posts per amp, no discussion, and some background about the amp in the posts.

That sounds reasonable enough in itself, I would suggest maximum maybe 3 photos per amp, back, front, and 1 internal pic, with a little background text. This would limit bandwidth bloat, and keep things reasonable for dialup users, as well as giving a standard format.

I would also suggest keeping any discusion on seperate threads, that should be linked to from the last photo posted. Then the pic thread does not get bogged down with tech. discussion and lose track. People could also just link from other theads to their pics in this thread, to avoid duplicate pic posts.

If this works, we could use the same format in other areas as well.

OK folks, the ball's in your court, lets see someone start the new thread! Then we can see about making it sticky later, depending on results.

first attempt

Here my first attempt to build a tubeamp. Just finished.
Nothing fancy, but sounds very good (al least to me.....
;) )
1x12ax17 and 2x6bq5 (triode strapped). tube rectifier. no feedback.
Driving Buschhorns MKII (with Fostex).
Design kept very simple (lack of tools and no special skills.....).

Attachments

• 6bq5_12ax7.jpg
    6bq5_12ax7.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 704
EM81 - Dual indicators

Hello folks.

I'm brand new here, and not new to electronics, but I am new to my new found hobby, tube amps!!!

I recently built a poddwatt EL84 PP stereo amp and I love the sound. I have a pair of EM81's and thought I would give the amp some bling as either VU meters, or level meters.

Which do you guys think is better and less intrusive to the amp to use???

Do any of you guys have any schematics for this???
While searching, I saw that shifty as one on his amp.

I think this site is awesome and most of you guys probably forgot more than I could hope to learn!!!

Cheers,
Shop dog

Darling - 6N6P direct coupled 1626

My latest build is a pair of mono block darling amplifier. It uses a broskie shunt regulator with ECC832 for B+ and a CCS on the 6N6P driver tube with LED on cathode. The output transformer is a FT-10 c-core from Andix in Japan. Rectifier is a RCA 6AX5GT. 1626 uses a Caddock cathode resistor.

Attachments

• IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0752.JPG
    IMG_0752.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.