diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Fisher 101d blow fuse (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/196421-fisher-101d-blow-fuse.html)

eeplok 11th September 2011 11:31 PM

Fisher 101d blow fuse

3 Attachment(s)
I posted this problem two weeks ago regarding my Fisher 101D keep blowing fuse but without picture. Now I manage get some pictures. Some very helpful members try to help me but for dummy music lover like me have no clue where the caps are or what its look like, and here the pics. More pics to come

Alastair E 11th September 2011 11:47 PM

One of the two diodes by the orange cap doesnt look to have a lead one end!

Maybe just the pic, but prolly worth checking it and its compliment, the 600V cap and the electrolytic too.

Hopefully one of those will be faulty and the mains Tx is OK....

HollowState 12th September 2011 01:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The diodes that need checking are the two I have circled in the picture below. Use your ohmmeter to look for a low reading in both directions which would indicate a shorted device. Good diodes will have a low reading in only one direction. The unseen lead is simply bent underneath and only appears missing.

One other thing I do see that needs to be checked is the output tube that's second from the end. The top looks very light in color and may be gassy and in poor condition.

eeplok 13th September 2011 12:35 AM

Fisher 101d blow fuse

9 Attachment(s)
Thanks for help I will try.I post more pics.
One picture has red clip with blue wire, the wire is not sold together,do I have to sold back together ?
Another pic with screw driver point to blue wire , look like the last service people cut that wire, again , do I have to connect it ?

I have to clean this amp, a lots of cat's hair inside. Talking about clean , as you can see, how to clean this amp to look shine.

thaumaturge 13th September 2011 01:40 AM

Looks like somebody already subbed in some caps to repair a previous incidence of bad ones. See if you can find a buddy into electronics or worse case bite the bullet and take it into a shop. Not really feasable to trouble shoot a modified unit.
Doc

eeplok 15th September 2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollowState (Post 2706286)
The diodes that need checking are the two I have circled in the picture below. Use your ohmmeter to look for a low reading in both directions which would indicate a shorted device. Good diodes will have a low reading in only one direction. The unseen lead is simply bent underneath and only appears missing.

One other thing I do see that needs to be checked is the output tube that's second from the end. The top looks very light in color and may be gassy and in poor condition.

Thanks everyone for input . I will try everything and my last resource is pay some one to do the job.

eeplok 15th September 2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeplok (Post 2710745)
Thanks everyone for input . I will try everything and my last resource is pay some one to do the job.

Hi,
for check diodes, do I have to disconnect both end ?

eeplok 15th September 2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollowState (Post 2706286)

Hi,

HollowState 16th September 2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeplok (Post 2710747)
Hi,

No, that's not necessary because a shorted diode will be very obvious and the circuit will not affect the reading. Should be high in one directioin and low in the other. Very low in both directions means a bad diode.