Grounded Grid TRANSCENDENT line stage - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2011, 05:20 PM   #11
widi is offline widi  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hello friends.
I have a small problem with the preamp, so I have if you can solve.
I use this preamp with a solid state amp, and to be operating without any input in the preamp, and with the volume to a minimum, be heard, sssshhhh, as if the volume to maximum.
I connect any source with a moderate level is not heard.
How I can fix this noise?.

Thank you all in advance.
Old 17th September 2011, 07:55 PM   #12
rhing is offline rhing  United States
diyAudio Member

Widi,

You might want to check your ground connections and solder joints, especially with ground connections on the RCA input jacks. Make sure the RCA ground connections are insulated from the chassis. Others here may have better advice.

As for the Grounded Grid, I have a friend who had a Grounded Grid with a Goldpoint stepped attenuator with Dale resistors and an Aikido with an Alps Blue Velvet volume pot. The Aikido sounded much better. Swapping the volume pot and stepped attenuator just made the difference even more noticeable. Interestingly enough, my same friend kept the Aikido and sold the Grounded Grid, and he's running the Aikido with a Transcendent Sound T-16 OTL power amp with his Quad ESL-57's, and getting excellent results.
Old 12th September 2012, 07:41 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but has anyone cracked the problem of too much gain in this preamp? I'm getting recommendations to stick a pair of resistors at the pot, but I'd rather do something with the main part of the circuit.

Hide this!Advertise here!