• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

winding an output transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I have a dynaco st 70 I am hoping to wind output transformers for.
Could someone point me to a location where such information lives, or post what I need from past knowledge, like x turns of this wire primary and y turns of that size wire secondary.
And any way to improve and get better/more power ?
Thanks.
Srinath.

Thanks guys, and, Woweee, that is scary. I think I can wind a trafo, just not sure my first attempt needs to be somehting this complicated and great.
I guess I am buying the trafo I need then ...
Cool.
Srinath.
Here's a very interesting page about that :

http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/xformer_des/xformer.htm

But like you said, you are better to buy one, wiring a good output transformer is a real monk job ... It can take hundreds hours of work to do it ... :eek:

There is actually four brand new ones for sale on eBay for 113$ + 50$ shipping each, "Buy Now" price ... Here's the link :

ST-70 transformers for sale on eBay

This sale end in 10 days but they already sold four of them since july ... Don't miss that chance. For comparison, a 1650N Hammond transformer 4300 ohms CT 60W about the same size cost over 130$ each + shipping ...

Cheers,

Alain. ;)

Agree with Alastair, Yves calculator works good.

If you don´t have a coilwinder of some sort don´t start winding !!

Build something out of a small motor with footcontrol and a firm chuck for the coil.

You need both hands to wind a nice coil.

It´s a lot of fun when you get going.

Good luck

Il n'y a vraiment pas de quoi rire, c'est une très belles machine !

Toutes mes félicitations !

Can you tell me (us) where to buy new audio quality transformer EI core unless you use only recycled one's ???

To all,

Look at the pictures of is machine, it really worth the .zip download ... A really superb machine, I am very impressed.

Cheers,

Alain. :frosty:

I buy mine from Yvesms home country france.

Decoup and Isolectra-martin are 2 good companys.

Decoup has good specs for their products.

Be friendly and they´ll sell you smaller amounts of lamination.

Please don´t try to by single cores from them theese people deals in palets and tons but they make exceptions.

Isolectra is for mains and c-core transformers.

I buy mine from Yvesms home country france.

Decoup and Isolectra-martin are 2 good companys.

Decoup has good specs for their products.

Be friendly and they´ll sell you smaller amounts of lamination.

Please don´t try to by single cores from them theese people deals in palets and tons but they make exceptions.

Isolectra is for mains and c-core transformers.
Thank you very much, I will look at that ! :)

"There is actually four brand new ones for sale on eBay for 113$ + 50$ shipping each, "Buy Now" price ... Here's the link :"

You can buy the clone transformers from Triode Electonics or Dynakit Parts for less as they are probably trying to offset seller's fees.

Last edited:
help me please

hay the masters of DIY. Britain earlier sorry if my bad language, because my people are not good the English Indonesia ..
I wanted to roll your own travo EL34 amplifier output for
but my difficulty was to find the data / schema in detail travo output ..
then I am very grateful for the masters who want to love my DIY travo scheme for EL34 output,,,
hello everyone ... gtachmad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.