• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6d22s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Does someone know what happened to Svetlana in the States? I found the following note on http://store.yahoo.com/triodeel/index.html

Note about "SED" Tubes: These used to be called Svetlana before a legal dispute forced the factory to quit marketing under the Svetlana name in the USA.SED's are the same tube, same box, same "C" logo, made in the same factory in St Petersburg, Russia as before. Note that there are tubes not made in the St Petersburg factory that are sold, legally, in the USA as Svetlana tubes.

Cheers

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Note about "SED" Tubes: These used to be called Svetlana before a legal dispute forced the factory to quit marketing under the Svetlana name in the USA.SED's are the same tube, same box, same "C" logo, made in the same factory in St Petersburg, Russia as before. Note that there are tubes not made in the St Petersburg factory that are sold, legally, in the USA as Svetlana tubes.

Comrade Pjotr,

Svetlana made tubes are now available as Winged C amongst other names, I presume.

The distribution is being negociated by P.M. Components ( you know, the Golden Dragon junk triad).

I heard rumours of Svetlana being in financial trouble, the Svetlana brandname issue in the U.S. seems rather unlikely as an explanation.

Here's some more info: go to the "Tubes" menu and click "Winged C".

AES

Cheers,;)

GAK, there are a lot of alternatives to the 6D22S too, such as the EY500A and others like the 6CJ3 which don't need a top cap. The 6D22S is nothing special in it's class, except for being the only one still manufactured, but there is a ton of NOS dampers out there available cheap.

Brett

Thanks for the alternatives.I'm planning to use the 6D22S for a full wave rectifier(2 of them) for my ECC82 SRPP preamp.I need something good giving plenty mamps.
I'll use 3 p-filter(30uF MKP-10H-200uF MKP split to 7H-200uF to the R channel and 7H-200uF MKP to the L channel)

I haven't decided which rectifier to use ,yet.So any suggestion is acceptable.:scratch:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.