Yaqin Tube Amplifier - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st September 2011, 03:05 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Yaqin Tube Amplifier

I am considering the purchase of a Yaqin Tube amplifier however I am not sure which one to purchase. It seems that for the most part the reviews on the different models are all good. The amplifier I purchase will be driving a pair of Klipshorn speakers.

I really like the MS 300b, however I am also pondering the MC100b,MS-2A3 and the MC 10L. Power should not be an issue since the KHorns don't require that much.

This will be my first tube amplifier, I'm thinking to buy MC-10L since it's inexpensive, and get familiar with the brand. I do like the looks of the MS300b and I've read good things about it.

I would like to hear suggestions .

Thanks,

Rick
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:39 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowdall View Post
I am considering the purchase of a Yaqin Tube amplifier however I am not sure which one to purchase. It seems that for the most part the reviews on the different models are all good. The amplifier I purchase will be driving a pair of Klipshorn speakers.

I really like the MS 300b, however I am also pondering the MC100b,MS-2A3 and the MC 10L. Power should not be an issue since the KHorns don't require that much.

This will be my first tube amplifier, I'm thinking to buy MC-10L since it's inexpensive, and get familiar with the brand. I do like the looks of the MS300b and I've read good things about it.

Thanks,

Rick
Yup have a MC100b suggest finding a local builder and get one made for you. Sounds OK when it works... nuf said.

Cheers,

Bob
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Cassiel is offline Cassiel  Libya
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Don't buy it.
Old 2nd September 2011, 01:47 PM   #4
diyAudio Moderator

Their looks are awesome, build quality too.

But I wasn't expecting to see an NPN transistor used as a phase splitter in one of their models though...
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:08 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

The MC 10L is the one to go for . . . . I have one for my self
and I have nothing to complain for . . .

The MC100b and MS-2A3 have nothing to do whit MC 10L
exept for the same maker . . .
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:14 PM   #6
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laila2 View Post
The MC 10L is the one to go for . . . . I have one for my self
and I have nothing to complain for . . .

The MC100b and MS-2A3 have nothing to do whit MC 10L
exept for the same maker . . .
I've not seen the 2A3 amp, but between the SE 300B, the PP KT88 and the PP EL34 i would choose the last. It was the best sounding, the easiest to mod. Also the one Joe Rasmussun choose as a donor for his "budget" tube amp.

dave
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:46 PM   #7
rss388 is offline rss388  United States
diyAudio Member

I have the MC100b and the MC10L and have a 300b from another Chinese brand. I liked the 300b the most, dead quiet, smooth silky sound but could not muster anything with my ESLs so I sold that. The MC100b I have had for over 9 months and had no problems with and does well driving my ML Quest Z panels with Haflers driving the woofers. Just got a MC10L brand spanking new last week and had played it 5 hours or so with the MLs. The midrange is better than the MC100b but the high end is not as extended on the MLs. You might find different results on your khorns though plus the amp still needs to be broken in.

I also have a tube CD player (Bada HD-19) that I would rate almost as good as my Rega Apollo (in sound but not in looks) and a Yaqin MS12B that eventually lost out to a vintage Sony TA-E88B as my pre-amp due to higher noise and less soundstage precision.

Even though I am an electrical engineer by trade, I am not a tube design expert so I will not comment on the any of the circuit designs but I would say the components are good quality, layout is good and the build quality is overall good but is sloppy in the last 10% detailed finish. I am generally satisfied with the performance / $ ratio, which explains my expanding Chinese tube gear portfolio. That said, if anyone would like a mint Yaqin MS12B or MC10L let me know...
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:11 PM   #8
Hi_Q is offline Hi_Q  England
diyAudio Member

Purchased one of the early MC10L's in 2005 and still in love with it. Never had any problems and I find the top end very good and the sound stage is excellent. Personally I would have liked just a teeny weeny bit extra in the mid range but all of my tests reveal that the amp is essentially flat across the expected audio range. However Vinyl's play fantastic through it so I think attention should be applied to other things like signal sources/matching and the speakers. You can't blame the amp if the deficiencies are elsewhere. At the end of the day, accept that we all hear sounds differently, our ears are not matched to within +/- 1dB across the worlds population and one should settle for what one likes and enjoys. I run the Yaqin into Tannoy 6's, not the most expensive or endeared speakers for some but I love the sound of the dual concentric drivers and I am very very satisfied with what I have.
Les
Old 3rd September 2011, 04:15 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

This is where the production of tube amplifiers?
Old 3rd September 2011, 07:35 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Just want to add that the MC10L runs rather hot so I use it
mainly under the vinter season. In the summer season I mainly
use a Music Angel-KT88 with Russian 6P3S-E-tubes(instead
for the original KT88:s).

Both the Yaqin and the Music Angel are made in China

Hide this!Advertise here!