Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd September 2011, 09:58 PM   #11
ramallo is offline ramallo  Europe
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ramallo
I have a MC 10K (6AS7G tubes), I'm very happy with his sound (Much better triode sound than other famous and very expensive brands), but in the original status, the amp will broke in a couple of months (Underpowered resistors and some with wrong values) (I did some modifications on my unit). My advice is be careful with Yaqin, but if you have problems you can fix it or upgrade the machine.
Old 4th September 2011, 07:51 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
That said, if anyone would like a mint Yaqin MS12B or MC10L let me know...
Hi. Friend of mine is lookin to buy an MC10L. How much are u asking?

Best regards /Bo
Old 4th September 2011, 07:10 PM   #13
rss388 is offline rss388  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi. Friend of mine is lookin to buy an MC10L. How much are u asking?

Best regards /Bo
Where is your friend located? The amp is in the US and would cost quite a bit to ship it over to Sweden...
Old 4th September 2011, 11:18 PM   #14
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rss388 View Post
Where is your friend located? The amp is in the US and would cost quite a bit to ship it over to Sweden...
Not to mentions with 110V vrs 220V operation

dave
Old 5th September 2011, 05:13 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rss388 View Post
Lives two blocks from me. Hes thinkin of buying off eBay so the shipping will be the roughly the same anyway

Isnt there any adjustment for the mains voltage on the Yaqin?

Best regards /Bo
Old 6th September 2011, 09:22 AM   #16
data is offline data  Australia
Account disabled at member's request

No adjustment, the power supplies in each amp are made for one voltage.

I have never seen inside other Yaqin models, but for the MC-10Lc the build quality has a lot to be desired.

The best things in the MC-10LC are the transformers, not the greatest, but they were good enough for us to use them when rebuilding with a new circuit.

Last edited by data; 6th September 2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 6th September 2011, 01:33 PM   #17

Having said what I did above, I must add that I bought one and after a few mods (Triode strapping, severing the GNFB, replacement of caps and resistor in the signal path and inputs directly to the volume pot) it was sounding pretty nice to my ears.

This is just my ears in my system, and I can understand that a lot of people enjoy this amp in It's stock form, and for the $$$ It's a great place to enter the world of tubes/valves.

But make sure you get one with a power supply that is suited to your mains.
Old 6th September 2011, 03:09 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by data View Post
But make sure you get one with a power supply that is suited to your mains.
Hi and thanks for the heads up. Regards /Bo
Old 9th September 2011, 06:34 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Hi rdowdall

For the last couple of weeks i am evaluating Yaqin amps and preamps for an e shop that I am involved, in order to decide if we can resell them without problems.
( I run an audio repair shop and sometimes I do that kind of evaluation for me and co-operating companies.)
I found Yaqin amps to be nice created, with decent parts and good sound quality for their price.
So I would say to you the same thing that I decided for myself: go with them.

To be more model specific:

The MS300C is my personal favorite Yaqin : a nice sounding amp that has good timbre and a nice frequency response but like every 300B amp, got only 8,5 watts per channel. If you are into classical, vocal or jazz then you can have a nice, open, sweet “image” without power weakness in normal levels but don’t get the MS300C if you are into electronic music or loud rock! I know that your KHorns are sensitive but I am not familiar with them, that’s why I wrote this.

As second best and a very nice introduction to tubes, I see the MC10T that has lots of power and can drive any normal speaker to loud levels. Here you got a little less extend in treble but you can make a (small!) party with him if you like. Due to its power he can play loud any kind of music while giving you a rich and smooth sound . I found also that the MC10T is already a beloved amp to a lot of upgraders.

Both of them are begging for upgrades, tube rolling etc. You can get much better sound upgrading them so keep that option in your mind for later.

I was thinking to start a thread about Yaqin with more details, but I have to talk with a mod first, I don’t want that to seem as self advertising.

Hope that i helped

Panos
Old 9th September 2011, 08:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by data View Post
No adjustment, the power supplies in each amp are made for one voltage.

I have never seen inside other Yaqin models, but for the MC-10Lc the build quality has a lot to be desired.
ooops!

Where I say " but for the MC-10Lc the build quality has a lot to be desired" is not as I intended it to read, I meant it to read as " but for the MC-10Lc the build quality leaves a lot to be desired"

In other words, the build quality is not very good in my view, and I'm being kind in wording it that way.

Hide this!Advertise here!