Tube Rectifier with transformer without Center tap - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th May 2013, 08:00 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Duttman View Post
Blackface,

You are headed for trouble. The forward drop in vacuum rectifiers is much greater than that exhibited by SS diodes. The B+ rail will be "short". That problem can be overcome by installing a boost transformer. Do you have the room for a boost trafo? Do you have the skill needed to safely make the modification?
Yes, I do have skill for safely mod. I don't think that there is enough room for a bit bigger PT.
If I decide to change the PT than I have to measure the B+1, B+2 and B+3. So, I have to drop all component and diagramm I have now in my old amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Duttman View Post
Using the smallest amount of capacitance consistent with keeping the rail voltage up definitely makes sense, when FWCT and FW bridge rectifiers are employed. No only is stress on the rectifier(s) kept down, power trafo heating, due to I2R losses, is kept down too.

Large caps. do make sense, in voltage multiplier PSUs. "Typical" multipliers are assemblies of 1/2 wave rectification units and lots of capacitance is needed to suppress ripple and provide decent regulation. The popular "full wave" doubler is, in fact, a back to back pair of 1/2 wave setups.
any information? How to calculate the PS of tube amp? Site or some simply , i.e. Excel tool?
Old 19th May 2013, 08:08 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Download

This is good

Hide this!Advertise here!