• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Identifying EL34 tube?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have two old/used EL34 in my SimpleSE amplifier. They are in full working condition and I would like to buy a new set of the same...

The problem is that I can't identify them as most of the printing is gone. I can't attach a photo at the moment, but I can give some clues:

1. The base is medium brown
2. The printing is white
3. Central on the tube the line "EL34/6CA7" is printed
4. Above the type printing something has been printed, perhaps a logo or something. Perhaps a print with more than 1cm diameter..?
5. On the base a small label has been places, it is brown with two white windows: "Grade:" and "Measured by:"

Anybody with a clue?

Hi, possibly Dutch Philips Miniwatt. If they are there should be etched in the glass bulb just above the base a batch# and factory id.
e.g. X14
L1G
A Google search for EL34 will bring up sites with photos of various manufacturers products.
Cheers,
Steve.

Hi, possibly Dutch Philips Miniwatt. If they are there should be etched in the glass bulb just above the base a batch# and factory id.
e.g. X14
L1G
A Google search for EL34 will bring up sites with photos of various manufacturers products.
Cheers,
Steve.

Ok, thank you...I will check that later today! :)

Regarding Google search...I have spend some hours searching....and found nothing looking like mine! :eek:

THe 'proper' St Petersburg EL34 is brown base, with characteristic legend:

EL34 Svetlana =C=

THe B version Shuguang also has brown base:

Vaccum Tune Shuguang EL34-B - EL34 Tube @ on9mart.com

The JJ and Electroharmonix versions always have black base, so far as I have seen.

If it's not one of the first two, it's probably out-of-production - and for EL34, this means very high cost, since guitar amps use them.

DSC00001.JPG
DSC00002.JPG

Quality might not be good enough?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.